Monday 4 May 2015

Things I want to do this summer


Regents Park last summer

Hello everyone!

The weather is FINALLY getting a bit warmer and this makes me very excited for a life after exams. This post is my version of Tanya Burr's latest blog post and I think it's such a nice idea to write down a list of things I want to do this summer, so thank you very much for the inspiration, Tanya! :) Here we go...

1. Go outside more
I've always preferred being inside. Even as a kid, I would stay inside reading with the sun shining through my window because a) it was the perfect temperature in my room and b) I wouldn't get blinded by the sun and c) no bugs would land on my page (or worse: my back! (once a bee decided to sunbathe on my back and when my friend told me, all I could do was nervously whisper 'get it off me, please' - it was terrifying). At the same time, I want to tan a bit because I'm naturally very pale, so this summer I definitely want to make more of an effort to go outside and enjoy the sunshine! 

2. Do some DIY
Today, I was browsing pinterest for a while (procrastination) and saw some really cute DIY projects that I would love to try. I'm also determined to paint my room, so that's definitely something I want to do this summer when I have time. It will be such a nice change from studying. 

3. Do some exercise
I probably say that for every single 'What I want to do' list I ever created - but it's true. I tried going running last summer but failed miserably, mainly because all sorts of dogs seemed to think I wanted to play and ran after me, which isn't the best thing if you are slightly scared of them like me. 

4. Eat ice cream
This is something I will definitely not fail to do. For me, no summer is complete without eating tons and tons of ice cream (chocolate, preferably) so that HAS to be on the list. 

5. Picnics
I would love to go on picnics with some friends. I think true picnic weather is extremely rare and I would love to make the most of the warm, dry summer days we are (hopefully) going to have. 

Those were the five things that I want to do this summer. Let me know what yours are xx

7 comments:

  1. I just came across your site and really like it :) I read this post and had to laugh when I read the part about running and dogs. I totally feel it! I think it's a great way to stay focused or at least to remind yourself of what you wanted to do and makes it a bit easier to create something.

    I like that you describe your blog like a "bubble" because I think that's what we all need every now and then: a little bubble where we can hide from everything and concentrate on our own, our desires and passions.

    xx Deborah ChloƩ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! such a lovely thing to say :) and yes, that was exactly why I created this blog, to have something nice where I can share a part of myself. hope you have a lovely evening xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to start exercising more as well, I was thinking of trying yoga!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! :) Yoga is great! I've really been slacking lately, but determined to do yoga regularly again soon :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for commenting! I agree, I'm always so fascinated by how much creativity there is out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Living in the country side in France I spend a lot of my summer time outside in the lovely weather going for bike rides, walks and picnics with my boyfriend. :) I would love to do some DIY in the summer too, just like you I have seen so many cute ideas on pintrest that I cant wait to try out! :)
    -Paige x

    http://paigeelizabeth1.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Aw that sounds like a perfect summer, I hope there are many warm summer days to come :)

      Delete